Saturday, March 26, 2011

checkin' people out

i am so lucky.  at my job at the eye doctors office, i get to check people out all day long!!! haha just kidding, i just get to take their $ and print out their prescriptions  :)  i really do love my job, most of the time :)
recently, i have been a little snippy with patients i feel like.  i really do not do it intentionally, but i feel that my patience is growing thin.  it has been mainly just these past 3 days but i feel like every overly sarcastic or pushy patient has come in to see us.  haha it is really not that bad because i usually see the patient for an hour maximum  but i gotta stay calm, cool and collected before i hurt somebody's feelings :)


But straying away from the negative.... here are some of the things i LOVE about my job:

-I love helping people pick out glasses!  (it actually isn't part of my job but people will ask me my opinion on glasses they pick out and i think it's so fun!  i have always wanted to be a personal shopper)

-I love when little kids come in for their eye appointments! (kids are my favorite and i love when they try to cheat and stuff on their reading tests)

-I love when people i know come in!  it is so fun to see a familiar face in the office... :)

-I love when the elderly come in and they are in a good mood :) haha this goes for everybody but I have encountered so many sweet people who just need to see!  i love them

-I love my coworkers :) Britany, Danielle, Shannon, the doctors.... they are all great :)

-I used to HATE taking readings off of glasses to get the prescriptions but now i love it!  it's really a random thing to love but i think it's interesting how they make glasses... i love finding progressive readings now that i know how!


I have to admit, i'm kinda sad that i'm leaving for the summer semester because i will miss my coworkers but i can't wait to be up at school!  I just love helping people see, one day at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment